It’s the sort of wee hours in Old Bombay (now known as Mumbai) as I write this. I’m at the Taj Majal Hotel business center (google it) and can look out the window to my left and see the Gateway of India (google it). I’m about 30 minutes this side of 3 hours at Leopold’s in Mumbai (google it).
I was in Japan three days ago. Returning from India Monday late night (mumbai to Newark, Newark to Birmingham).
So, here’s the deal:
* Bush is a fool, or worse, but Americans are good eggs, all in all (but damn shame they put/allowed an idiot in charge of their country.
* China will soon rule the world, but the Americans, Japanese, Koreans, Indians, Russians and South Americans will . . . eventually, be able to effectively push back.
More. . .
* Green energy is the way to go (wind, biomass) with long term Indian investment.
* Japan remains a force to be reckoned with — i.e. partnered with — when it comes
to technical/green/nano anything.
* India and Japan are WELL aware of China’s bid to be THE dominant economic and polical force on The Planet Earth and, in the end, will throw-in with the U.S. to staunch the that.
* Don’t discount Russia as the NEXT world power and be ready to ALLY with China
and the rest of the world against Russia.
* Japan has an pretty-much-corrupt system when it comes to the importation of medical devices.
* Maharashtra state (google it — Mumbai’s the capital) currently has a 5,550 MW power shortage and if you’re into ANY kind of power generation sector, you’ll as much
as likely be welcomed with open arms into Maharashtra.
* Jerome returns emails where the word “Wind” is in the subject line (God love ‘im).
* Japanese ocean cormorants are larger than Chinese river cormorants.
* Hokkaido was knocking on 80 degrees F a few days ago, which is like Maine
being in the 80s in April. . . draw your own conclusions.
Edokyo remains the coolest place for sashimi in Kyoto, and Leopold’s 2nd floor
remains the coolest expat hangout in Bombay.
Must run . . .