I’ll never get over Balaclava.
Welcome to The Breakfast Club! We’re a disorganized group of rebel lefties who hang out and chat if and when we’re not too hungover
we’ve been bailed out we’re not too exhausted from last night’s (CENSORED) the caffeine kicks in. Join us every weekday morning at 9am (ET) and weekend morning at 10:00am (ET) (or whenever we get around to it) to talk about current news and our boring lives and to make fun of LaEscapee! If we are ever running late, it’s PhilJD’s fault.
This Day in History
Happy Birthday Midge Ure.
Something to Think about over Coffee Prozac
Well, you can’t be depressed and sad 24 hours a day.
Also Julia Sweeney.
Sometimes you don’t get one. Also no joy in Mudville.
The score stood four to two, with but one inning more to play,
And then when Cooney died at first, and Barrows did the same,
A pall-like silence fell upon the patrons of the game.
A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
Clung to the hope which springs eternal in the human breast;
They thought, “If only Casey could but get a whack at that—
We’d put up even money now, with Casey at the bat.”
But Flynn preceded Casey, as did also Jimmy Blake,
And the former was a hoodoo, while the latter was a cake;
So upon that stricken multitude grim melancholy sat,
For there seemed but little chance of Casey getting to the bat.
But Flynn let drive a single, to the wonderment of all,
And Blake, the much despisèd, tore the cover off the ball;
And when the dust had lifted, and men saw what had occurred,
There was Jimmy safe at second and Flynn a-hugging third.
Then from five thousand throats and more there rose a lusty yell;
It rumbled through the valley, it rattled in the dell;
It pounded on the mountain and recoiled upon the flat,
For Casey, mighty Casey, was advancing to the bat.
There was ease in Casey’s manner as he stepped into his place;
There was pride in Casey’s bearing and a smile lit Casey’s face.
And when, responding to the cheers, he lightly doffed his hat,
No stranger in the crowd could doubt ’twas Casey at the bat.
Ten thousand eyes were on him as he rubbed his hands with dirt;
Five thousand tongues applauded when he wiped them on his shirt;
Then while the writhing pitcher ground the ball into his hip,
Defiance flashed in Casey’s eye, a sneer curled Casey’s lip.
And now the leather-covered sphere came hurtling through the air,
And Casey stood a-watching it in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the sturdy batsman the ball unheeded sped—
“That ain’t my style,” said Casey. “Strike one!” the umpire said.
From the benches, black with people, there went up a muffled roar,
Like the beating of the storm-waves on a stern and distant shore;
“Kill him! Kill the umpire!” shouted someone on the stand;
And it’s likely they’d have killed him had not Casey raised his hand.
With a smile of Christian charity great Casey’s visage shone;
He stilled the rising tumult; he bade the game go on;
He signaled to the pitcher, and once more the dun sphere flew;
But Casey still ignored it and the umpire said, “Strike two!”
“Fraud!” cried the maddened thousands, and echo answered “Fraud!”
But one scornful look from Casey and the audience was awed.
They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his muscles strain,
And they knew that Casey wouldn’t let that ball go by again.
The sneer is gone from Casey’s lip, his teeth are clenched in hate,
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate;
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Casey’s blow.
Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville— mighty Casey has struck out.
Ernest Lawrence Thayer, 1888
Lucky you. Front Page Poetry instead.
generic brand cialis Weather
Now a Category 4.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=prezzo-levitra-originale-20-mg Trump Conspiracy
- go site Was There a Connection Between a Russian Bank and the Trump Campaign?
- prednisone buy online buying Trump Campaign Aide Requested Online Manipulation Plans From Israeli Intelligence Firm
- click here Feds seize $42 million mansion of Russian oligarch linked to Paul Manafort
- http://maientertainmentlaw.com/?search=propecia-length-of-prescription Migrant families overwhelm detention capacity in Arizona, prompting mass releases
- dove acquistare levitra contrassegno in italia Head of Interpol Disappears, and Eyes Turn Toward China
- http://acrossaday.com/?search=prescription-prices-levitra How the weird case of the missing Interpol chief got even weirder
- clomid drug test Ford, an Automaker at a Crossroads, Seeks Cuts and Partners
- ‘Justice for Laquan!’ Demonstrators Chant, as Chicago Officer Is Convicted of Murder
- Where in the World Is Denmark’s $2 Billion?
- Brazil’s polarized election enters last day of campaigning
- Downward mobility: Where middle-class kids are worse off than their parents
- The Wikipedia contributor behind 2.5 million edits
- Scandal Shakes a Virginia House Republican, Adding to Electoral Tremors
- America’s new aristocracy live in an accountability-free zone
- Inside the Palace Ruins of Zanzibar’s ‘Man-Eating’ Princess
- Where in the World Is Denmark’s $2 Billion?
- Inside the World of D.I.Y. Ammunition