Welcome to The Breakfast Club! We’re a disorganized group of rebel lefties who hang out and chat if and when we’re not too hungover
we’ve been bailed out we’re not too exhausted from last night’s (CENSORED) the caffeine kicks in. Join us every weekday morning at 9am (ET) and weekend morning at 10:00am (ET) (or whenever we get around to it) to talk about current news and our boring lives and to make fun of LaEscapee! If we are ever running late, it’s PhilJD’s fault.
This Day in History
Something to Think about over Coffee Prozac
I’m not Meg tonight, I’m ‘a doll’ who does all sorts of crazy things. Tomorrow I shall put away my ‘fuss and feathers’ and be desperately good again.
Little Women was published 150 years ago.
Ok, so ‘ersatz’ means cheap imitation of inferior quality and the title reflects my desire to get away from episodic franchise writing which, after 13 years, bores the crap out of me.
Sorry dear readers, but if it’s not fun to me it’s just work. Someday I will perhaps return to Musical History (unless you’d rather hear about Ming Vases which are distinguished by polychromatic glazes).
TMC is traveling as she frequently does and will be unavailable on a regular basis. I don’t want you going around thinking that we’ve suddenly had a management shakeup, we’ll keep trying to feed you the usual mix of crap, lies, and innuendo that any purveyor of ‘Fake News’ and CT (it stands for Completely True!) aspires to.
Today I’ll skip the blogs just to mix things up.
- Trump mocks Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- Brett Kavanaugh’s anger may be backfiring
- ‘Just plain wrong’: Flake, Collins criticize Trump for mocking Kavanaugh accuser at political rally
- Trump Taunts Christine Blasey Ford at Rally
- Kavanaugh’s 1983 Letter Offers Inside Look at High School Clique
- Republicans on Senate panel release explicit statement about Kavanaugh accuser’s sex life
- Hundreds of law professors sign letters rejecting Kavanaugh nomination
- Kavanaugh Was Questioned by Police After Bar Fight in 1985
- Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father
- 4 Ways Fred Trump Made Donald Trump and His Siblings Rich
- 11 Takeaways From The Times’s Investigation Into Trump’s Wealth
- N.Y. tax agency weighs probe after report that Trump family built wealth through tax-avoidance schemes and fraud
- Millions of cellphone users are about to get a ‘Presidential Alert.’ Here’s what to know.
- Where Indonesia Quake Turned Ground to Jelly, People and Homes Are Unaccounted For
- Indonesia tsunami: death toll rises as volcano adds to woes
- Facebook Hack Puts Thousands of Other Sites at Risk
- Texas detention camp swells fivefold with migrant children
- Feds finally charge 4 white supremacists who flew to Charlottesville to hit people
Have a great day. Cartnoon will be substituting for Pundits (I’m that whimsical) and tonight is Lola Night because damn Yankees.