Whew. Can't believe I just wrote that headline.
For all this time, we have been told to keep our powder dry. That he's on our side, got our best interests at heart. For all this time, the focus and outrage has been directed to Bush/Cheney. There is plenty of evidence he's doing the bidding of the military industrial complex, and not the bidding of his constituents.
Obama has been in office for just over 4 months. In that time, he has had the time to:
1) Extend warrantless wiretapping, and even extend his claim to that power
2) Defend government secrecy – even exceeding Bush's claims of executive power.
3) Publish evidence of Bush era war crimes
4) Declare theintention not to prosecute said war crimes
5) Close, then not close GTMO
-calling the detainees 'too dangerous to let go'
6) Reinstall military commissions for 'dangerous terrorists we CAn prosecute'
7) Continue unabated the TARP program, while doing little to save people's homes from foreclosure.
8) Bail out giant carmakers without requiring the money be used to support jobs at home.
9) Kept key Bushies like Gates on – keeping the previous military structure in place so propaganda can leak out just like before.
10) Asserted the intent to keep Don Seigelman in jail.
How on earth does this look different, other than the party label, than the last 8 years?