Burning the Midnight Oil
(Right: Liberty Line) The Steel Interstate proposal is an effort to build Rapid Electric Freight Rail Tollways across the country ~ east to west and north to south ~ to:
- Take a substantial slice our of our oil imports
- Insure our national economy and national defense against disruptions of our oil supply
- Increase the productivity of our manufacturing and logistics sectors,
- Overcome decades of neglect of our national electricity transmission infrastructure, and
- Protect our legacy investment in our Interstate Highway system from the battering it receives at the hands of long haul trucks.
The point of the Steel Interstate system is that it is a system: it consists of several parts that work together to give more bang for the buck than any one could provide on its own.